Hate to Love, and Love to Hate.

Yea, its morning, sun is overhead,
But I'm still under my blanket, cozy in bed,
My heart still pains, still can't forget,
Your voice yelling, echoes in my head.

I tell myself, this is last scuffle,
Then I melt like ice, break like bubble,
I hug my pillow and I cry,
My heart is a maim bird, can't fly,
And you are so ignorant,
You won't realize what I'm going through,
To know, I Hate that I love, and I love that I hate you.

You held me in your arms,
Then you crushed me,
I believed you won't leave,
Believed you won't hurt me.
Now alone I know, you left me empty,
Your promises were all lies,
How shallow you can be,
And there is nothing that I can do,
But I Hate that I Love,
And love that I hate you.

I don't need you anymore,
To soothe me of my nightmares,
I'm tired of waiting,
Now I've more of myself, to share, to dare,
And I tried, but just can't forgive you,
So I Hate that I Love, and I Love that I Hate you.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation. You're hurt- its clearly visible. you're alone- its evident. Now, you don't want her- its too evident. A hope that she will be back- remains unmentioned but silently desired.
    One of your more expressive and well drafted compositions. Touches some chords. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. I'm glad you liked it. I think we share same chords somewhere. The best part of poem being, you can never really stop loving someone once you've loved him/her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is when everything isn't ok and hurting,, but still want the same person over and over again ('o')

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Reader,
    There is possibly no simple way to define love. I did try putting love in terms of words. But I think there is no way you can put feelings in words.

    ReplyDelete

Click here to leave your comment.